Thursday, September 2, 2010

Kokrobite and Drumming

Kokrobite was definitely a highlight of the trip. Our group drummed, laid on a beach, worked on reading review cards, and just relaxed.  Culture night and Reggae night at Big Milly’s Backyard were also highlights involving dancing and enjoying the music. We also enjoyed a concert by Mustapha Tetty Addy. It was great seeing a master drummer perform.  It was a wonderful concert and I really appreciated the performance, even though I did not know what I was listening for in the music, it was nice being able to sit back and enjoy the music.  

After a weekend away at Kokrobite we returned to the University of Ghana to listen to some more lectures and learn more drumming patterns.  Drumming everyday is making us very good.  We are able to make music as a group and now we are able to play more than just the drums.  My favourite instrument is the drum because I am just beginning to understand and get it, although the axatse is slowly becoming one of my favourites.
Kat, Sherri, and Katie trying their hands at different instruments



No comments:

Post a Comment